Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shelby's Butterfly Birthday card

My one and only daughter turned 19 today.  I find it harder to make cards for the people I am closest to.  I don't know why.  I guess because I want them to be extra special. 
I have admired this butterfly on the Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge since I first saw it
(page 55).   I did 3 layers.  A solid bottom layer in purple, a solid layer in purple glitter and the filigree layer in the solid purple.  I only glued the layers together in the center so that the wing layers are seperate. Then I put it on an Action Wobble.



I took these pictures in a hurry and the paper colors are off.  The bottom layer has a nice warm brown background that doesn't come out in the picture.  I added gems to the butterfly's body and smaller gems for the antennae. A brown flower and pink flower with a purple center to finish the outside.


On the inside I used a deep edge Martha Stewart punch that I recently got called Daisy Lace.  I absolutely love this punch.   The Happy Birthday is one I have used repeatedly this fall from a Close to My Heart set called Celebrations.  I love it too.  The butterflies are also from a Close to My Heart set called Sentiments.  These sets were on special when I ordered the Art Philosophy cartridge and I picked them up also.

As I often say, this card is prettier in person because my photo didn't turn out well.  It didn't turn out quite like I wanted but my daughter, Shelby liked it and that is what matters the most!

Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment