Thursday, December 1, 2011

Peace

I finally decided that I should probably start on Christmas cards.  I just haven't been in the right frame of mind.  I keep looking at my cartridges and stamps for inspiration.  Finally I decided on the angel on the Joys of the Season (page 53).  Then it started to come together and I am pleased with the way it turned out.



The paper is from DCWV Holiday Collection that I have had a couple of years.  The star is also from the same page as the angel on Joys of the Season.  The Peace is from the Cindy Loo cartridge (page 72).  I used http://www.mycutsearch.com/ to look at all the word art for Peace.  This is a great resource for searching for images on your cricut cartridges.   I added some gold cording.  After I took the picture, I actually unfrayed the ends of the cords for a half inch or so to make it look like a tassel
.


I looked through my stamps for one that would go with the Peace on the front and found this one.  It's from a set I bought from Paper Trey Ink last year..  Somehow I lost the name to the set so I am not sure.  It is a large set with over a dozen stamps.  The mat is also from the Cindy Loo cartridge (I was too lazy to look through other cartridges and change it in the machine ; ] ). It is the shadow image on page 70.

Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment