Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So Sad :(

When the Imagine came out, I felt it was too expensive and I could live without it.  I was so excited that I was able to pick up one of the Imagine's at Walmart on black friday for a great price.  I brought it home and was excited to get started.  I turned it on and it said to put the Imagine More cartridge in for it to update.  I put the cartridge in and waited 20 minutes, then 30 minutes and nothing happened.  I turned it off and tried it again.  Nothing again.  I unplugged it and tried it again.  Nothing.  So I looked on line to see if there were any postings about it and saw a video about getting started.  I noticed that when she turned the machine on that the blade housing moved and the roller bars spun, just like my other Cricut machines.  So I decided that the one I had purchased was defective.  According to the web site, Cricut is out of stock on Imagines.  So I boxed it up and took it back to the store, thinking I would just return it because they probably wouldn't still have one. Low and behold they had one for me to exchange it with.  The lady at the return counter said that she had people return several of them that day.  Not terribly encouraging.

So I brought the new one home and very carefully followed the instructions to set it up.  It did the same exact thing!  My heart sunk when I turned it on and the roller bar and blade assembly didn't move.
But I went ahead and put the cartridge in when it was requested.  Guess what, nothing happened.

I was going to call ProvoCraft today, but my hubby was home sick from work and I never got around to doing it.  I will call tomorrow and hope that maybe an update or something can fix it.  I had already ordered additional mats and ink cartridges while they were on sale for black friday.  I sure hope I don't have to return it all. 

So I am sad.
Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :(

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Let us know how that turns out for you Cindy. Last year for Xmas, I bought my daughter a laptop from Walmart and on Christmas day, it would not turn on! I did return it and didn't want to exchange it, but I don't think they had another one anyway of that particular brand. Good Luck!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete