Thursday, August 23, 2018

Impressions and Expressions




These are a couple of cards that I have made recently.

The top is a really simple card with a lot of impact.  I used the Springtime Expressions Thinlit on  
white glitter paper and placed it on some Petal Promenade DSP.  The "happy birthday" stamp is from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set which has a lot of sentiments on top of all the pretty flowers.  The ink and base paper is Blackberry Bliss.  I used the Layering ovals to cut out the sentiment and layer it.  Then I put it on with some dimensionals.  Very simple and easy card but the beautiful paper really makes a big impact.  I made this card for my dear friend Rose for her 82nd birthday.

The second card started out to be something else and this is where I ended.  That happens to me fairly often.  Does it happen to you?
The star of this card is again the pretty paper from Stampin' Up called Painted Blooms (I believe it is retired).  The sentiment is from a new set called Abstract Impressions, which has great flowers and sentiments.  The banner it is stamped on is from the Lots To Love Box Thinlits (which originally was bundled with the Sure Do Love you stamp set).  The sentiment and glitter paper are Bermuda Bay.

Again, I apologize for my photography.  I really need to work on my lighting!!!

Thanks for coming by and I hope you were inspired.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment