Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fun Filled Birthday Card

This started out being a masculine card, but didn't end up that way.  The front is from DCWV Midnight Spell and is a sort of houndstooth pattern.  Then I cut the "Burst" from page 48 of Martha Stewart's All Occasions Cake Art cartridge in yellow, orange, tourquoise and lime in different sizes.  I was originally going to glue the different sizes on the front.   Then I decided I wanted to nest the smaller ones inside the larger ones.  Then I added a gem in the center. But then I had something that looked more  like flowers and needed an additional one to fill the space.  I ended up doing a purple one.


I used my new Close to My Hearts stamps from the Celebration set that came with my Art Philosophy set.  I stamped them with red ink on white card stock then I added a red border.


For the inside I used another pretty Close to My Heart Stamp for the "Happy Birthday".  The balloons were also from the All Occasions Art cartridge on page 39.

So the concensus is that this is too feminine for a male card.  But I love the way it turned out anyway.

Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment