Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome Wreath


I made a Welcome sign to go on my very green wreath.  I used this wreath for Christmas, St. Patrick's Day and now as a Welcome for my door.  It has been much more versatile that I expected it to be when I purchased it.

The Welcome that I used came from the American Alphabet cartridge that was pre-loaded on my Cricut Expression 2.  I used the Fit to Page feature to get it as long as I could on a 12 x 12 piece of paper.  It is approximately 2 inches tall.  It is cut out of Purple glitter paper and the shadow is cut from a lighter purple.  Then I popped it up on paper from DCWV's The Chateau Lavender stack which was cut at 3" x 11.75".  Then I added a piece of green for the base cut at 3.5" x 12".  I added some purple and lime green flowers with gem centers.  Lastly, I put a purple ribbon tied in a bow at the top.

I am entering this project into the following challenges:

#103 - Celebrate Spring
Make a project with at least three flowers

Thanks for coming by and y'all come back again soon,

Cindy :)


13 comments:

  1. Very nice welcome wreath. I love the purple glitter paper. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Welcome wreath - and way to go on the recycling of that base wreath!!! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love that you used the same wreath so many different ways. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this a pretty project! How great your wreath is so versatile. Thanks for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project.... the papers, the design..... fantastic. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea to recycle your wreath and just change the decorations. My mom used to keep out a little Christmas tree and put decorations on it for each holiday. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! Love the purple and green combo. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Pretty, I love those colors together (you can never go wrong with glitter, lol) Love the idea of re-purposing a wreath, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I need a wreath! So glad you shared with us over at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS job with your pretty wreath!I LOVE the great idea,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wreath...love the colors! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with both challenges! I am so totally stuck on finding something to do with 'welcome' but you came up with a totally awesome idea!

    I'd love it if you hopped over to my blog and became a follower...I'm a little lonely.
    Hugs,
    Michelle
    http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wreath! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete