Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rosettes, Ribbons, and Rhinestones

I was so excited when I asked to be a guest designer on Die Cuttin' Divas Weekly Challenge Blog.
I am always so inspired by their creativity and talent.
For this Challenge the recipe is Rosettes, Ribbons and/or Rhinestones.  All fun things to include in any project! 



For my project I used my new Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge. I used the cut on page 31.  I cut it 4 times at 1.75 inches.  Then I assembled the 4 sections to make my Rosette.,   I didn't want to use the center that was shown with the cut so I chose the   cut on page 55.  I cut the Shadow image at 1.75 inches and the center image at 1.50 inches.  I ran the center thru my Xyron and added some Stampin' Up Dazzlin' Diamonds.  Then I added some Recollections Pearls to the center.

I added my Rosette Flower to a 5 X 7 card with a peach base and a white second layer that was cut at 5 X 6.75 inches and punched with Martha Stewart's Vintage Lace Punch Around the Page punches.

I made my flower stem and leaves out of Ribbon and added tear drop shaped Rhinestones to the four corners to complete my card.

To participate you do not have to use all three elements, but it was fun for me to add all of them.

This post is also special because it is my 200th blog post!!!  Go Me!!

I hope you enjoy my project and I hope you join in the challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy!! CUTE flower! It was my first thought to make a rosette into a flower, but I have yet to actually make it! :) Your card is ADORABLE!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    Thats a great card and I love the colors you used. You did a fine job.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely flower! So glad you were Guest Diva at DCD!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute. I love your flower rosette. Congrats on being a Guest Diva for Die Cuttin Divas.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete