Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hubby birthday card

We did a lot of traveling over the holidays and spent great time with family.  I loved being with my Mom & sister in Vicksburg.  Then spending time with my son, his wife and my new granddaughter in Houston.  It was nice that my other two children were able to come along and have the whole family together.

The first card I always make each year is my Hubby's birthday card.  His birthday is today.
It is harder for me to make cards for my immediate family than others.  I don't really know why. They see all of the other cards that I make and I want them to have something special and want it to be a card that they will love.


As usual I had a difficult time deciding what to do.  I decided on the cute crab from Life is a Beach.  My hubby grew up in Maryland and loves steamed crabs.  I was concerned it may be too "cutesy", but he really loved it.

Life is a Beach is one of my all time favorite cartridges. Probably because I love the beach!
The crab is on page 72.  The wave is the shift image on page 77.   I used a "sandy" colored glitter paper for the background and some "aqua" colored glitter paper for the wave. I hit the tops of the waves with a white ink pad.  I used My Pink Stamper Stamps for the sign.  I inked only the "Have a" on the Have a Happy Birthday stamp in the Everyday Life set. Then the "Crabulous" from the Punnylicious set.  And finished with just "Birthday" from the Have a Happy Birthday stamp. I cut the sign post from a cut in the Old West cartridge and punched the sign part out with a punch.  I just cut a sliver of the sandy glitter paper for a mound of sand around the sign post. 

I still have several more birthday cards to make; one for my oldest son and one for my nephew in January and one for another nephew in the beginning in February.  That's a lot of  "male" cards to have to make at one time!  I also am the one responsible for the "make and take" at my stamping group this month.  Busy, busy, busy... lol!

Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy, love your card! Can't believe your hubby grew up in Maryland. I live in Maryland, born and raised, and I love steamed crabs. Some people don't understand how we can eat them, but they're the best! We had lump crab cakes for our Christmas Eve dinner. Delicious!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    This card is too cute and I absolutely love the sentiment! Great job!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete