Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Red and Gold Happy Birthday



This paper is from DCWV the Tradewinds Stack.  I bought this stack with the thought that it would be great to scrap my pictures from the trip to Turkey, but the paper is so pretty I keep wanting to use it for cards.  I guess I'll just have to buy another one!
The polka dot paper is from another DCWV stack.  I don't remember which one.

The "Happy Birthday" is from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cartridge (page 47) as is the label behind it (page 65).  Both are using the base and the shadow features. I ended up using a gold marker on the Happy Birthday to get the look that I wanted.

The "make a wish" stamp on the inside is from Paper Trey Ink's Mega Mixed Messages stamp set that I have had for a couple of years now.

The edge is punched with a Stampin' Up punch.  A little gold ribbon and a pearl and I think it is an elegant card.  I struggled with it but was happy with the way it eventually turned out.

Thanks for coming by,
Cindy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment