Monday, July 11, 2016

Swirly Bird Bonkers

At first glance I was not terribly impressed with Swirly Bird Stamp set and the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits,  but how wrong I was.  This set is so versatile it is totally addicting!


This is the first card I made just goofing around but love the way it turned out.  I stamped the three large flowers with Flirty Flamingo.  The smaller swirl flowers in Sweet Sugarplum.  The blue flowers in Dapper Denim then colored them in with the coordinating Stampin' Write marker.  The leaves are from Flourishing Phrases Set in Wild Wasabi and the Just A Note is from the same set stamped in black.  I used the thinlits to cut the white swirls and added some Dazzling Diamonds. The card base is also Flirty Flamingo.


Anniversary card with SU Swirly Bird:

Since I liked the first one, I decided to do it again in different colors for an anniversary card.
I used the Peekaboo Peach for the large swirls, Calypso Coral for small swirls, and Perfect plum for the small flowers.  I used candy dots for the center of the small flower.
The Happy Anniversary is from a Close to My Heart set called the Happy Couple.

Then I decided to try my hand at a grunge card and this was the result.

Grunge with SU Swirly Bird: Grunge #2 SU Swirly Bird:

The first card is done with Tip Top Taupe and a little Calypso Coral and the second is done with Dapper Denim and some Tip Top Taupe.

I have a feeling that I am just getting started with this set!

Thanks for coming by and leaving kind comments,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment