Friday, May 13, 2011

Spiderman Card

Oh my goodness.  This was a long post that I did yesterday and after Blogger's issues last night, it has completely disappeared! :"(   Now I 've got to try and remember everything.



My cousin asked me to make a Spiderman card for her son's birthday.  I thought of several options but ended up printing this image from the internet on glossy photo paper.  I glued it to white card stock to add some strength to it.  Then I cut it very close and inked the edges to cover the white. 

I took a white 5 x 7 card base and added a pale yellow layer.  Then I took my Color Box cat's eye inks in Yellow Oche, Tangerine, Terra Cotta and Lipstick and blotted them all over the paper. I inked the edges of the card with the Lipstick ink.

I cut the spider web out of Shimmery Navy paper from PaperTrey Ink at 8 inches from the Happy Hauntings cartridge on page 102 Layer 2 image. I ran my Zig 2Way glue over it and sprinkled it with Stampin' Up Dazzling Diamonds glitter (my all time fav).  I attached it to the front of the card and trimmed the edges down to the size of the card. 

I then attached Spiderman with an Action Wobble to give him some dimension and movement.


For the inside of the card, I picked PaperTray Ink's Pure Poppy Paper and again with my Color Box Cat's eye inks blotted it.  The colors were Yellow Ochre. a medium purple and a royal blue color (the color name has rubbed off of the lid) to give it the look of a sunset.

 It seemed most of the pictures of Spiderman have city buildings in them, so I added this City Scape from Plantin SchoolBook page 69 (it looks like New York City with the World Trade Center twin towers to me).  I cut this from a the same dark navy shimmer paper from PaperTrey Ink. 

The Happy Birthday sentiment is a favorite of mine from Beyond Birthdays on page 96.  The top layer in a shimmer purple paper from PaperTrey Ink and the shadow in the same navy paper as the City Scape and the spider web.

I really like the way this card turned out.  It really looks good in person. The inking really made a big difference.

Thanks for coming by,

Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment