Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Masculine Birthday card

I went through a dozen cartridges looking for an image to put on this card and in the end decided to just go with the Happy Birthday.  It is from Martha Stewart's Elegant Cake Art page 37, phrase and shift phrase for the shadow.  These cake cartridges have some really great images and word art for scrapbooking and card making.

The gray base and layers are Core'Dinations card stock, I think (was in my scraps).  The Patterned paper is from a Deja Views stack called Home Collection.  The navy is the glimmer (or is it shimmer?) paper from Paper Trey Ink.  I punched the side with a Stampin' Up Punch (which you can't see in the top picture because the card isn't completely closed) and the corners of the top gray layer with the matching corner punch. I added some light blue ribbon and thought the front was too empty so I added some navy jewels from Recollections.  This card is quite a "mutt" with mixing all of the brands of product!

For the inside I used another piece from the DejaViews Home stack for the center and then more of the navy shimmer and the patterned paper from the front.  The stamps I used on the inside are all My Pink Stamper Stamps.  The "Have a Happy Birthday" and the "Enjoy" are both from the set called Everyday Life.  The "Make a wish" is from the set called Family & Friends.
My Pink Stamper has a great blog for using the Cricut and where I got my first lessons on it.  If you are interested in being inspired or purchasing some of her products you can @ http://www.mypinkstamper.com/.


I was pretty pleased at the way the card turned out.  My husband gave it his "stamp of approval" which is great because it is for his brother.

Thanks for coming by,


Cindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment